Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My Resume

Using this Cover Letter as an example, I have constructed a cover letter and resume.

Dear L, Child1 and Child2,

Opening paragraph: State why you are writing; how you learned of the organization or position, and basic information about yourself.

I am applying for a position in your life as Spare Part Family Member.  I learned that there was an opening for this position after months of research at Ancestry.com and a very lucky match in their DNA database.  I have been carrying around pieces of your gene pool for 49 years and have contributed these resources to seven very attractive and inspiring individuals, including one born and one yet to be born grandchild.

2nd paragraph: Tell why you are interested in the employer or type of work the employer does (Simply stating that you are interested does not tell why, and can sound like a form letter). Demonstrate that you know enough about the employer or position to relate your background to the employer or position. Mention specific qualifications which make you a good fit for the employer’s needs. (Focus on what you can do for the employer, not what the employer can do for you.) This is an opportunity to explain in more detail relevant items in your resume. Refer to the fact that your resume is enclosed. Mention other enclosures if such are required to apply for a position.
I think I would be a good fit for this position because I am very happy in my current life and have had enormous success in building a family of my own.  My interests and hobbies tend to coincide with those of your own.  I am from, and still love, the state of Oregon.  I have an incredibly talented and intelligent team to bring to your already amazing establishment.  As you can see on my enclosed resume, I am very familiar with large family dynamics, to include blended family issues and the special care that needs to be administered when dealing with such issues. I am a self starter and have been more than capable of working independently, but with the proper handling and care, I believe I could be a valuable asset to your lives in a more inclusive capacity.

3rd paragraph: Indicate that you would like the opportunity to interview for a position or to talk with the employer to learn more about their opportunities or hiring plans. State what you will do to follow up, such as telephone the employer within two weeks. If you will be in the employer’s location and could offer to schedule a visit, indicate when. State that you would be glad to provide the employer with any additional information needed. Thank the employer for her/his consideration.
I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you more about my qualifications and answer any questions you might have.  I will be online day and night waiting for you to log into your account so you can see my our test results and see the message I have left you.  I will keep my phone charged, and my contact services open.  If I don't see any indication that you have logged in by January 8, I will send correspondence by mail to the address that, I hope, is your current location.

Sincerely,
Anna (Faucett) Sellers

Resume


Anna (Faucett) Sellers
Middle of Cornfields, Indiana


Contact Objective


Recent DNA match and genealogy enthusiast eager to launch a successful relationship with a biological family that recognizes the science and understands the importance of emotional connection to biological inheritance.  


Professional Experience

Sellers Family          1996-present
Wife and Mother


  • Actively supported and maintained a combination of 5 children, 3 biological and 2 step, and added two more to round out the complete family experience.
  • Demonstrated strong backbone and determination by doing so without the use of government financial aid or charitable resources.
  • Relied upon strong nurturing skills to raise and support all children into, or nearly into, adulthood.
  • Followed up with continued support as those individual struck out on their own to create their own families and lives.
  • Maintained a team environment to produce a strong marriage and good example
  • Produced several Christmas, Birthday and special event celebrations that looked financially impossible by emphasizing experience instead of material gain.
  • Encouraged family bond over financial gain.
  • Encouraged honesty and integrity in both personal and professional interactions including child and adult.
Haubenstricker Family       1989-1996
Wife and Mother


  • Adept at packing and moving on a short notice to coincide with military family life.
  • Understood the work requirements of a service member and made use of military resources to family members.
  • Able to press uniforms and shine boots up to military regulation.
  • Took advantage of the style and sophistication of military housing and made use of common resources.
  • Used sewing skills to rejuvenate used clothing and generate monetary resources.
  • Provided emotional and financial support in times of crisis.

Education


US Army                          1984
E4 Electronics Communications

  • Graduated Basic Training in Fort Jackson, SC
  • One of the first 5 female graduates of the Automated Switching Systems Repair (36L) MOS in Ft. Gordon, GA
Lafayette Atelier                                                                                                                2006-2010

Incomplete
  • Basic Drawing and sketching
  • Bargue copy and traditional fine art training
  • Art history

Other Skills

  • Fluent in Sarcasm, silliness, and proficient in the use of humor to destress a situation. 
  • Cooks all holiday meals from scratch
  • Able to break into song to answer nearly any question.
  • Fibre arts - Crochet, Knitting, Sewing, Embroidery, and Quilting
  • Strong interpersonal relationship skills
  • High personal character standards for self and children

Think I will get the job?

0 comments :

Post a Comment